Fw: Re: Drop of portindex

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Thu Sep 16 08:27:39 PDT 2004

At 09:45 AM 9.16.2004 +0000, Ísak Ben. wrote:

> [...]
do exactly the same thing but all
>> new code and a GPL style license.....and voila, problem solved.  Could
this be the solution or am i just
>> spewing out nonsense ?
>
>Yes, that'd entirely be possible. The only restriction would
>probably that you must not use parts of the original "portindex"
>source.
>
>Volker
>--
>http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
>Two more months.
>------- End of Forwarded Message -------
>
>I accidentally sent this to only Volker instead of the list....im sure he
doesn't mind if i send it now with his
>reply inlcuded.
>
>--
>Ísak Ben,

This is probably a bit of useless info in this case, but my understanding
is that there is no such thing as an "International Copyright" protection.

We publish an international Tech magazine from the USA to 190 countries and
have had occasion to check this concerning such.

Just info and not of much use since we would want to use the program
everywhere.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator