icc -fast (static) broken?

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Thu Sep 9 15:50:41 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:33:27AM -0700, Clint Olsen wrote:
> On Sep 09, Clint Olsen wrote:
> >
> > I was trying to use icc 8.0, and when I tried to use any switch that
> > invoked -ipo, the compile goes off in the weeds:
>
> Sorry, it's not IPO that's the problem.  It's apparently -static...

You are most likely using an installation of the ICC port that was done
before support for the C++ DSO destruction ABI was added to FreeBSD on
a FreeBSD that has support for it. If the problem doesn't go away after
you re-installed the current version of the ICC port (make sure the
WRKDIR is deleted before building it again) please report what
__FreeBSD_version you are using (from /usr/include/osreldate.h) and the
full command-line that causes the problem (need to know if you are
compiling C or C++, etc.).