portversion -v causes ruby to core dump

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Sep 9 11:43:18 PDT 2004

At 12:58 AM -0700 9/9/04, Michael Barrett wrote:

>         /var/db/pkg/portupgrade-20040701_3
>         /var/db/pkg/ruby-1.8.2.p2_1
>         /var/db/pkg/ruby18-bdb1-0.2.2
>
>         If anyone can shed any light on what might be causing this
>         issue, that'd be great.  I use portversion/portupgrade all the
>         time, so it'd really suck to stop using these tools now.
>
>         THanks in advance for your help.

Many people are reporting this same problem.  (not everyone, but
it is hitting a lot of people).  Try adding the following two
lines to /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf :

   ENV['PKG_DBDRIVER'] = "bdb_hash"
   ENV['PORTS_DBDRIVER'] = "bdb_hash"

Add them down where other environment variables are set, such as
   ENV['PORTSDIR'] ||= '/usr/ports'

See if that helps you.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org