single precision fftw wanted

LarsKöller lars.koeller at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 3 00:32:26 PDT 2004

----------

> Dear Lars and ports,
>
> I am interested in creating a port for gromacs (http://www.gromacs.org)
> and it requires fftw built using single precision.  The super-easy way
> is to create a port sfftw which is a copy of fftw with a line like
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-float --enable-type-prefix
> added in.  Or I could add some kind of option to fftw.  Anyway, since
> Lars is the maintainer of fftw I would like to coordinate with him about
> it.  And I am copying this to ports as well just in case anyone else has
> suggestions.

Hi, I'm just back from holidays. I think if we have the requirement of
a single precision of another port, it is the only solution to make a
separate port.

However, are the libraries separated, so it is possible to have both
installed?

Fell free to modify the port or add a second one, I'm too busy at the
moment. My intension for maintaining the port was the usage of grace
during my PHD. Alas I've not using it anymore.

Best regards

Lars

--
E-Mail: Lars.Koeller at Uni-Bielefeld.DE        \  Lars Köller
            lkoeller at FreeBSD.org              \  CC University of