FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2 - OO does not compile

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Thu Sep 2 18:41:02 PDT 2004

In Message-ID: <200409021053.08334.andy at athame.co.uk>
Andy Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Andy and all,

I have installed 5.3-BETA2, and compiling OOo (now compiling
jdk stuff...).

> When building OOo-1.1, the first failure is in gcc32 in the gcc-java
> stuff. It tries to link against libc_r, and I needed to define
> WITHOUT_LIBJAVA=yes to avoid this.

This is not OOo's problem, isn't it? :)
or I can remove gcc32 dependency from Makefile...
AFAIK, combination of OOo 1.1.1 and gcc came with
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE (gcc-3.3.3) have serious problems,
so I disabled this.

> Then OOo fails to build because the embedded Mozilla 1.0.2 also tries to
> link against libc_r. I'm currently trying to rebuild WITHOUT_MOZILLA to
> see if this helps...

Okay I'll mark WITHOUT_MOZILLA for 5.3-BETA2 for while...

> I'll try to remember to send-pr all this later once I've finished the
> build, consider this a minor 'heads up'

and also release of OOo 1.1.3 is approaching...
Thank you very much!
--nakata maho