please test: Secure ports tree updating

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Wed Oct 27 05:47:39 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:11:16PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Colin Percival <colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> > CVSup is slow, insecure, and a memory hog.
>
> if cvsup is slow, you're not using it right.

Well it is fast on our local links but on a long delay link, like what
we have from here in SA to USA, it is pretty slow. With rsync from
ftp-master, ftp-master.us and ftp-master.eu I can get 100-150kByte/s,
but with cvsup (with the -s option) I can only get about 30kByte/s. It
is less of a memory hog than rsync on the server side though.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org