ports/www is too full

Jie Gao jeffgaofreebsd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 16:20:03 PDT 2004

They are different if we do not have powerful search utilities. But
when we have good search tools both searching and browsing will
benefit from it. Look at the WWW search engines (google, yahoo, ...).
Almost all of them have web site directories, which are for browsing
but benefit a lot from the search technologies.

If we have good logical categories for the ports, and have good
indexing and searching tools, it does not matter where the ports are
physically put. And surely a better interface for browsing can be
built on top of that.