RELEASE_X_Y_Z branches/tags maintained??

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 15:07:55 PDT 2004

On Monday, 25. October 2004 08:37, Roman Kennke wrote:

> What is the problem with such a setup? Lack of interest? Lack of
> manpower? Or wrong philosophy?

Lack of manpower. I have suggested in the past that a ports-branch for one or
more specific releases could be maintained by a band of
individuals/corporations (but outside of the freebsd project) which happen to
need it and I still think it's a good idea. I'm convinced that there must be
quite a number (professional) users of FreeBSD which already invest man- and
machinepower into things such as package builders and custom ports
modifications - cooperation could lead to greater benefit and some synergy
savings.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org