[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: rlwrap-0.18 failed on i386 4]

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Oct 25 12:26:42 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:59:21AM -0400, Frank Laszlo wrote:
> I did a sweet of INDEX to check for other ports depending on
> devel/readline, I didnt come up with anything other than my own
> 'ftp/quftp' port. Is this a new port? Or maybe I just missed it.

It's been there for 3 years, so no :)

In general you have to do a grep -r instead of just checking INDEX,
because not everything depends on a given port by default - the
dependency might be hidden behind an option.  In this case, it's only
a dependency on 4.x systems since 5.x includes a newer version of
libreadline that satisfies the dependency requirements.

> which needs to be upped to libreadline.so.5, I have submited a PR to fix
> this and CC'd the original port submiter (ijliao) The maintainer appears
> to be ports at . Maybe I should assume maintainership for this port? Thanks
> for the heads up Kris.

Thanks, we can always use more maintainers :)

Kris