windowmaker 0.90: problems with virtual desktop - disable by default?

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Mon Oct 25 06:58:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:45:23 +0300

CC'ing ports so people can be aware of this...

> Should virtual desktop (--enable-vdesktop) be disabled by default in
> Makefile? It seems to cause some problems (particularly disappearance
> of mouse cursor at the edge of the screen). Happened to me too.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.compw.window-managers.windowmaker.user/1697
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.compw.window-managers.windowmaker.user/1700

Interesting, I haven't tried 0.90 yet, but looks like virtual desktop
should be disabled for now.

Can any committer reading this have a look at ports/73082 and check with
the PR submitter if virtual desktop works? Perhaps we should leave it as
optional for now (e.g. WITH_VDESKTOP).

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>