[kde-freebsd] Umbrello (from devel/kdesdk3) segfaults on 'undo'

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 05:10:16 PDT 2004

On Monday, 25. October 2004 13:26, Stefan Walter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Umbrello UML editor coming with devel/kdesdk3 crashes every time I use
> its 'undo' function. The backtrace I got is attached.

Please file a bug report at http://bugs.kde.org against Umbrello and include
your backtrace. If it's convenient, report the number that will be assigned
to it back here so we can track the progress of the issue.

> p.s.: Right now, the crashed process doesn't die, but hangs seemingly
> unkillable in state 'STOP', according to top(1). This hasn't been the case
> with the other crashes I've seen, though.

There's been a recent thread on this list, current@ and threads@ ("unkillable
multithreaded processes stuck in `STOP' state"). By now it seems likely to me
that a bug has snuck into recent CURRENT and RELENG_5 FreeBSD that causes
this... there is a PR open about it, too:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=72979. You might want to add a
"metoo" to the audit-trail, especially since the PR only mentions -CURRENT,
but you're seeing this in recent 5-STABLE.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org