RELEASE_X_Y_Z branches/tags maintained??

Roman Kennke roman at ontographics.com
Sun Oct 24 23:37:57 PDT 2004

Am Mo, den 25.10.2004 schrieb Kris Kennaway um 0:30:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:19:36PM +0200, Roman Kennke wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have a question regarding the branches/tags of the ports tree for
> > stable releases. Are they in any way maintained.
>
> No.

Hmm, wouldn't this be a good thing to do, especially on production
machines? I would greatly appreciate that. I see no reason to do major
updates (like x.1 -> x.2 only to get fixes in. For production machines I
would prefer some kind of stability and conservativism.
What is the problem with such a setup? Lack of interest? Lack of
manpower? Or wrong philosophy?

/Roman