RELEASE_X_Y_Z branches/tags maintained??

Roman Kennke roman at ontographics.com
Sun Oct 24 15:10:38 PDT 2004

Hello list,

I have a question regarding the branches/tags of the ports tree for
stable releases. Are they in any way maintained. For instance I would
like to see security fixes and corrections like changed download URLs be
committed there. I would _not_ like to see major updates be committed
there, so that this can be seen as a stable release for the ports tree.
Is there a policy like this for the release branches, or are they only
tags that are made after the ports freeze that precedes a FreeBSD
release and I have to go with the latest tree to get security fixes and
corrections? At least for my servers I would prefer a maintained stable
release of the ports tree.

/Roman