Ports: devel/svn dies at devel/apr

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sat Oct 23 18:43:37 PDT 2004

At 1:56 PM -0700 10/23/04, Bill Fenner wrote:
>Warning: subversion guys say that building with apr-1.0 changes
>svn in an incompatible way, so to keep svn ABI compatability,
>svn-1.x needs to be built with apr-0.9.
>
>http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2004-09/0178.shtml
>
>I'm not completely sure which interface is affected, I just
>came across this issue while researching on my own why subversion
>wasn't building right.

That web page mentions:

    2. Apply the patch appended to this email (which is r10438
       of subversion trunk, and is expected to be present in
       1.1.0rc3 and later).

If the fix was in 1.1.0rc3, then I wonder if we are safe with the
version installed by the (fixed) FreeBSD port, which is 1.1.1.
Me, I am just starting out with subversion, so I do not have much
to test against it.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu