New VLC, lots of news stuff needs testing

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Fri Oct 22 08:31:36 PDT 2004

Hi,
	I've been working on the next version of vlc and there is lots of stuff
that has changed

- Remove Gtk 1.2 & Gnome 1.4 Interfaces
- Default and only X11 Interface is now WxWindows (gtk2.0 version)
    others are posable but are deprecated, can enable by request.
- Dvbpsi is always installed now
- Merge mad and id3lib support (can be disabled with WITHOUT_MAD)
- Added support for mozilla plugin
   Lots of stuff obtained from www/mplayer-plugin
    and some help from marcus@
- Great care in making knobs compatible with mplayer knobs.
- cddb support is always installed now
- Auto-generated pkg-plist (make life EASY :) )
- Knob Changes or New Knobs:
   WITHOUT_FAAD   (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_FLAC   (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_DTS    (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_MAD    (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_HTTPD  (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_VORBIS (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_LIBMATROSKA (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_LIVEMEDIA   (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_SLP         (Enabled default)
   WITHOUT_LIBMPEG2    (Enabled default)
   WITH_MOZILLA_PLUGIN  (Disabled default)
    [mozilla|mozilla-devel|mozilla-gtk1|firefox]
   WITH_ARTS      (Disabled default)
   WITH_TOOLAME   (Disabled default)
   WITH_LIBCACA   (Disabled default)
   WITH_LIBTREMOR (Disabled default)
   WITH_LIBTHEORA (Disabled defalut)
   WITH_OPENGL    (Disabled default)
   DEBUG          (Disabled default)

I have tested this on many configurations and I was hoping some of you
would be willing to build and test this thing.

First you will need to upgrade ffmpeg to 0.4.9-pre1
http://ahze.net/~ahze/ffmpeg.patch
then vlc =)
http://ahze.net/~ahze/vlc.patch

Even if you don't want to build this until its in ports I urge you to
at least look at vlc.patch and give me feed back on the default
dependencies now.

Also I removed all gtk 1.2 and gnome 1.4 support, is there anyone who
still wants this? Or does anyone want a wxwindows gtk 1.2 interface?
There is also kde and qt support but I haven't looked in to it yet.

Thanks,
Michael