New spanish category

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 20 11:46:05 PDT 2004

* Oliver Eikemeier [Wed, 20 Oct 2004 at 13:49 GMT]:
>> I'm trying to get an spanish category.
>
> I guess we already agreed that a (virtual) spanish category should be
> added.

IMHO a virtual language category would be inconsistent. Either there are
enough ports for an own category ( the minimum seems to be 8) or we
should wait until there are enough ports.

>> My original PR ports/67531 is quite outdated and now suspended.
>
> Yup, the port shouldn't add `spanish' as the first category.

They should for a real category.

> Why? We use virtual categories whenever there are not enough ports to
> justify the creation on a subdirectory.

Really? Which category was created because "there are not enough ports to
justify the creation on a subdirectory"?

> As far as I can see, a virtual category would be the best solution.

The main reason for the language categories was the ability to make it easy
to specify the languages a user is interested in in his ports-supfile.
This doesn't work with virtual categories.

regards
tilman