freebsd, ssmtp, and nagios

amyreagan at comcast.net amyreagan at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 08:50:38 PDT 2004

HI all -

I am trying to set up nagios on a freebsd box - actually, the nagios service works fine.  I am trying to use the feature that allows e-mail alerts to be sent when monitoring fails.  I believe 'something' is not right in the ssmtp configuration file.  I have set up the rc.conf file for sendmail to = 'none'.  I have changed the ssmtp.conf file according to freebsd instructions.  Any ideas what I might be missing?

Also, is there a command line to send mail from ssmtp, like the mail -s command in sendmail?  I can get a blank message to send, but not one with text in it.

If anyone has any feedback, I need it!

Thanks!
Amy
amyreagan at comcast.net