?? don't want all ports

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Tue Oct 19 11:37:14 PDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:40:41 +0200
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:

Hi,

> On Tuesday, 19. October 2004 18:08, wayn wrote:
> > works just fine, yes.  but portsdb -U doesn't.  make index doesn't.
> > make fetchindex does, though.  i'll just have to remember to do it
> > as soon as i update my ports tree.
>
> I wonder what became of the portindex-replacement flynn started...

I'm still working on it. I haven't made much progress though, mainly
thanks to last week's flu and an increased load at work. There's some
java stuff that needs to be finished first, but I'll try to have
something I can show as soon as I can. I'm still not sure C is the
appropriate language for this kind of task. Perhaps it's time to give
ruby a try. I'll post the news as soon as I have something worth showing
(read: not as broken as the current code is) and maybe move it to a
public repo (e.g. sourceforge) to let other people work on it as well.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org