xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

Matt Lancereau matt at bsdfly.org
Tue Oct 19 00:56:44 PDT 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Matt Lancereau wrote:
>
>> Since my last mail, I've cvsup src and buildworld (RELENG_5) FreeBSD
>> fly.mos.bsdfly.org 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #1: Sun Oct 17 21:54:53
>>
>> CEST 2004 , and now I've no prob with xfdesktop ... don't know how/why
>> but it's working :)
>
> Sounds nice. I've put a new patch online. No big changes.
> xfce4-session/files gets empty now, and a typo in xfce4/Makefile
> (xfce4-icon-theme dependency never suceeded because of a missing /) was
> fixed. Furthermore, I changed the xfce4-session's maintainer as discussed
> to myself.

I still had some right click prob yesterday, xfdesktop crash and the
output is: Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line
1100 in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0)
the same fatal error than when I was running freebsd 5.2.1-release-p10 .
No since yesterday, I've no more this prob, what I did was to recompiled
all about xorg, and some other ports I don't remember. I also rm -fr all
about xfce in all tree. Last, I've modified my .xinitrc to just let:

numlockx &&
xsetroot -solid "#606060" -cursor_name watch
xscreensaver -no-splash &
xfcalendar &
exec xfce4-session

For now, the only crash I have is when I launch
the menu editor from Xfce-settings-manager/Desktop/Menu/Edit desktop menu
, it crash and I don't have theme + right click anymore, but I fix this by
launching xfce-setting-show again ...

Between, this new Xfce rox, and BETA2 (4.1.91) that will be release
soon should fix fewer prob :)

Matt,