FreeBSD Port: slony1-1.0.2

j snod jordan at bit-box.com
Mon Oct 18 15:06:07 PDT 2004

When attempting to run the following on my Slave:

slon T1 dbname=bb 2>/home/slony/slon-bb.err >/home/slony/slon-bb.out

I get the error:

ERROR  cannot get sl_local_node_id - ERROR:  schema "_T1" does not exist
FATAL  main: Node is not initialized properly

The Slony people tell me it's because "You haven't initialized the
cluster schema in the slave database with slonik's STORE NODE command,
which probably means you haven't setup the paths and listeners you will
also need."

Isn't slony_master_setup.sh supposed to handle all of that for me?

-j