xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Sun Oct 17 01:29:27 PDT 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:37 am, Joshua Tinnin
<krinklyfig at spymac.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 October 2004 02:37 pm, Oliver Lehmann
>
> <lehmann at ans-netz.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I spent some time to update all(? i hope ;) xfce4 related ports to
> > bring them up to the latest 4.1.90 release.
>
> W00t! Thanks!
>
> > A patch for all modified ports (76 files, 38 ports) can be found
> > at:
> >
> > http://pofo.de/tmp/patch-xfce4
> >
> > - There are 2 new ports:
> >    misc/xfce4-appfinder
> >    misc/xfce4-icon-theme
> >
> > - 2 ports are scheduled for removal:
> >    x11-fm/xfce4-fm-icons
> >    misc/xfce4-panel-themes
> >
> > - some ports have new OPTIONS (still undocumented):
> >    x11/libxfce4util  WITH_GTKDOC
> >    x11/libxfce4mcs  WITH_GTKDOC
> >    x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui WITH_GTKDOC
> >    x11-fm/xfce4-fm  WITH_LIBRSVG
> >
> > - The following patches are new. I reported them to the xfce4
> > authors and I hope they will patch the affected source on their
> > side: x11/libxfce4util/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
> >    x11/libxfce4mcs/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
> >    x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
> >    x11-fm/xfce4-fm/files/patch-fgr::glob.c
> >    x11-fm/xfce4-fm/files/patch-libs::types.h
> >
> > - I removed the following patches:
> >    x11-wm/xfce4-session/files/patch-shutdown.c
> >
> > - The metaport "x11-wm/xfce" got the following new dependencies:
> >    misc/xfce4-appfinder
> >    x11-wm/xfce4-session
> >    x11/xfce4-trigger-launcher
> >    misc/xfce4-icon-theme
> >
> > Maintainer from affected ports should try their ports if they are
> > still working with that xfce release.
> >
> > Would be nice to get feedback.
>
> The build failed on me on libxfce4util, running on 5.3-BETA7:

<snip>

Pilot error. Mea culpa. It didn't occur to me that when you said
undocumented OPTIONS for some ports, that they should specifically
built with those options. Anyway, I added those to pkgtools.conf, and
most of it built alright, except xfce4-panel should be built before
xfce4-desktop, AFAICT. The first time I tried it, xfce4-desktop failed
(the panel hadn't been built yet), but it built when I tried it after
the first build, and from what I could tell from the messages it needed
the panel installed to build. However, xfce4-fm gave a warning:

checking sys/ucred.h usability... no
checking sys/ucred.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
checking for sys/ucred.h... yes

and later failed (I don't know if the warning's related, but thought it
might be important):

cc -I/usr/local/include -o scramble scramble-scramble.o
-L/usr/local/lib
Making all in fgr
if cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/libs   -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/i
nclude -MT glob.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/glob.Tpo" -c -o glob.o glob.c;
then mv -f "
.deps/glob.Tpo" ".deps/glob.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/glob.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
glob.c: In function `main':
glob.c:221: error: `SIGHUP' undeclared (first use in this function)
glob.c:221: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
glob.c:221: error: for each function it appears in.)
glob.c:222: error: `SIGSEGV' undeclared (first use in this function)
glob.c:223: error: `SIGKILL' undeclared (first use in this function)
glob.c:224: error: `SIGTERM' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/xfce4-fm/work/xffm-4.1.90/fgr.
*** Error code 1

again, my make.conf:

# cat /etc/make.conf
CPUTYPE?=athlon-xp