TESTERS WANTED: Possible fix to Firefox crash

Kirill Ponomarew krion at voodoo.oberon.net
Sun Oct 17 00:43:52 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 01:29:08PM -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> Preliminary results seem to indicate that crashes are only an issue for
> 5.2.1 with this patch, which most likely isn't worth testing (no
> offense), as 5.2.1 has been upgraded to 5.3-BETA, which is the branch
> being developed for the STABLE release. Since 5.2.1 isn't being
> developed anymore, you might want to try upgrading to one of the BETAs
> and testing the patch.

Well, removing /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox and options didn't give any
results here,  I don't think we should ignore 5.2.1 branch, since
many users still use it, personally I can't install 5.3B7 at home,
because it's takes me much time since notebook hardware is pretty
old, but if you want to donate, feel free ;)

Yes, Joe's patch fixes firefox on both 5.3B7 and -current, but on
5.2.1 it's still b0rked.

-Kirill