Install a Perl module that's not currently a port?

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 15 02:01:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:01:23PM -0300, David Bremner wrote:

> Have a look for BSDPAN.  It is about halfway to what you want I
> figure. Basically when you install a package the "perl way" on
> FreeBSD, it makes a package entry so that you can e.g. delete it using
> pkg_delete.  But I don't think it gives you any ability to upgrade.

You might also want to look at CPANPLUS::Dist::Ports.  It's far from
fully working, but CPANPLUS::Dist is an interesting approach to
automatically incorporating Perl modules into several packaging
systems.

Tom