Qt / pthread issue with p5-qt on 4.10-RELEASE

Acajou acajou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:16:23 PDT 2004

Hi all,

So I've got KDE 3.3.0 running fine on 4.10-RELEASE with a pretty
recent ports tree (cvsupped a few days ago, upgrade KDE as per the
UPDATING instructions and then portupgraded everything else).  Today I
installed the p5-qt which appears to be broken out of the box:

> myhost% perl -MQt -e '1;'
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_mutexattr_init"

I've found simillar problems being discussed on the mailing lists (see
for example PR71635 and PR69708, which describe very simillar issues)
and I *think* I'll somehow need to recompile Qt (or PerlQt?) so that
there's a -pthread added in there somewhere, but I'm not familliar
enough with the ports system to make that work. I can't seem to just
add a "LDFLAGS += -pthread" to the top-level Makefile (or at least, I
haven't been able to make that work)...

Can anyone help?

FYI:
- p5-qt-3.008