Updating/upgrading lcdproc due to security issue

Daniel M. Kurry gh at over-yonder.net
Wed Oct 13 15:30:32 PDT 2004

Dan said something like:
> Please let me know what the procedure is to getting
> this updated and whether i should submit the modified
> patch files or if there is a maintainer for this port.

Dan,

`make maintainer` is a roundabout way of finding the maintainer.
`grep -i ^maintainer Makefile` will get you the MAINTAINER line from the
Makefile.

The maintainer listed for lcdproc is ports@, which means there is no
singular maintainer, and if you want the port updated you have to submit
the updated ports files yourself or convince someone else to do it for
you.

This is usually done by submitting a ports PR, but someone else will have
to tell you about that. I think this is the handbook, too.

Regards,
Daniel