[postfix-users] pipe unable to parse dash flags in argv (resolved)

Peter C. Lai sirmoo at cowbert.net
Tue Oct 5 12:38:16 PDT 2004

Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: wietse at porcupine.org (Wietse Venema)

> I REPEAT: YOU HAVE LINKED POSTFIX WITH A BRAIN DAGAGED GNU GETOPT ROUTINE.
>
> DON'T DO THAT. POSTFIX REQUIRES THAT YOU USE THE SYSTEM GETOPT
> ROUTINE.

This is not a problem I can easily resolve. What would you propose? I can see
if it will build correctly without linking -L /usr/local/lib, because it WILL
ALWAYS pick up the broken gnugetopt IF we are linking to /usr/local/lib AND
the freebsd libgnugetopt port is installed. In any case, we must change the
Makefile in order to get it to link to the correct getopt library, and doing
this is beyond my scope of expertise.