Proper Way to Install OpenAFS Kernel Module

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Sat Oct 2 00:16:13 PDT 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:17:18 -0700
"Jason C. Wells" <jcw at highperformance.net> wrote:
> Is there a pre-existing means in the ports system for installing a
> kernel module?
>
> OpenAFS builds a kernel module.  I need to get it installed outside of
> $PREFIX into /boot.  I can hack a little script, but I would prefer to
> use existing functionality.

Take a look at how x11/nvidia-driver and net/nvnet do it.
(@cwd in pkg-plist in particular) Those ports do pretty much exactly the
same thing you want to do.  (So you can see that there isn't much
for preexisting functionality).

Don't forget to put your kernel module in /boot/modules, not
/boot/kernel, otherwise it'll get nuked on kernel install (nvnet does
this wrong)

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#