upgrading openssl/openssh only using ports

Angelo Turetta aturetta at commit.it
Fri Oct 1 03:20:43 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Finn" <dhrider at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 2:20 AM

> I want to upgrade OpenSSH/OpenSSL and I only want to have to use the
> ports tree to do this.  What is the best way to do this?  If possible
> I would like to over write my existing base installations of those two
> packages, or delete the base install ones if that's possible
> (preferably not by hand).  How should I do this?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Build the ports with -DOPENxxx_OVERWRITE_BASE or, if you use portupgrade,
better put the following lines in your /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
MAKE_ARGS section:

      'security/openssl*' => '-DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE',
      'security/openssh*' => '-DOPENSSH_OVERWRITE_BASE',

Then you must remember to use -DNO_OPENSSL and -DNO_OPENSSH when running
'make installworld' (I advice against using the flags during buildworld, it
gave me some problems at times)

Angelo.