FreeBSD Port: usermin-1.100 :: Cannot change password

freebsd at vfemail.net freebsd at vfemail.net
Sun Nov 28 18:34:15 PST 2004

FreeBSD 5.3
Usermin 1.1

Installed from /usr/ports/sysutils/usermin through simple make install clean
command. did run /usr/local/lib/usermin/setup.sh and followed instructions.

     Attempting to log on to the usermin at https://my.dom.ain:20000/ works

trying to change password does not work. It shows the page, I enter the username
('test' in this case), leave the existing password field blank, put two
identical string in the remaining two boxes, it responds

     Your password for test has been changed successfully.
     Any telnet, SSH, FTP or POP3 logins made from now on
     will require the new password.

tail -f /var/log/usermin/miniserv.error shows
     Error
     -----
     Failed to change password : Failed to open  : No such file or directory
     -----

Tried to do a restart of the server, through /usr/local/etc/rc.d/usermin.sh
restart, it responded
     usermin not running? (check /var/log/usermin/miniserv.pid).
     Starting usermin.

but usermin IS running, sockstat -4l shows port 20000 IS listening, and I can
connect too.

Please advice.

Regards