[regression] changing default OPTIONS -> instant error

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Wed Nov 24 02:32:42 PST 2004

I thought it was may way of setting PKGNAMESUFFIX (see my post
Subject: setting PKGNAMESUFFIX after bsd.port.pre.mk illegal ?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:16:26 +0200 ).

But I'm seeing on other ports as well and other users are hit by this too:
Do:
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip && make rmconfig && make install

and change the default OPTIONS. You will immediately (not even work dir
gets created) get:

make: don't know how to make /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/.build_done.mpeg4ip-1.1._usr_local. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip.

If you do make again, or you don't change the default OPTIONS or the
OPTIONS are already saved the build goes OK.

5.3-STABLE, up to date ports tree.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"