mono "make install" hangs after each .dll is installed

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Nov 23 16:42:34 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 15:27 -0800, Rick Updegrove wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On all of my FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE machines I keep trying to install
> mono-1.0_1

Update to 5.3, Mono on 4.10 is just unusable.  I'll also be send-pr'ing
patches to update Mono to 1.0.4 sometime tonight.  I'm not the regular
maintainer but I started the BSD# project on Novell Forge to keep track
of Mono while he is unavailable and to port more Mono apps.

> I already have apache-2.0.52_3     Version 2 of Apache web server with
> prefork MPM.
> Apache/2.0.52 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.3.9 DAV/2 SVN/1.1.1 mod_ssl/2.0.52
> OpenSSL/0.9.7e
>

>From the mention of Apache I take it you are looking to use XSP and
mod_mono for ASP.NET?  There isn't an official FreeBSD port for either
of those.  I do have ports for them though they do not work.  (A page
request to xsp causes bin/mono to bail out.)  You are free to try the
ports if you wish.  You can download mono-merge.tar.gz and install the
script to merge the BSD# project's ports tree with your system's tree.
The script is located here:

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?bsd-sharp

> "make" completes without any problems.
>
> "make install" hangs after each .dll file is installed.  If I hit Ctrl^C
> and then make install again it will continue to the next .dll file.  I
> left one such instance hang for 48 hours.  This happens on all my machines.
>
> For example:
>
> cscompmgd installed into the gac (/usr/local/lib/mono/gac)
>
> ByteFX.Data installed into the gac (/usr/local/lib/mono/gac)
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Does anyone have any advice?
>
> TIA !
>
> Rick