FreeBSD Port: vlc-0.8.1_1

Mal Page mal at malpage.com
Sun Nov 21 01:39:48 PST 2004

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but I just tried
vlc-0.8.1_1 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE, on an IBM ThinkPAD X30.

The picture quality is great, but the sound is VERY VERY choppy which makes
vlc unusable for me.  Which is a pity, as it is my favourite player.

It is choppy for all media types, mpeg, and avi alike.  The files are not
choppy at all when played on VLC on OSX.

Have you heard of any way that I can fix this choppy sound problem?

Thank you!!

Mal Page