Help with forcing ruby port install

Jubal Kessler jubal+freebsdports+20041121 at cheeze.org
Sat Nov 20 22:02:41 PST 2004

David Ross said:

> Please use the Ruby stable snapshot from ruby-lang.org. I've no idea why
> they use the preview in ports. Snaoshot is perfectly fine. Yes, even in
> production use. I tell clients to use it, you should too ;)

David, thank you for the suggestion. However (and I address this to the
FreeBSD ports mantainers):

All I want is functional portupgrade(1) for FreeBSD.

Please, port maintainers, consider portupgrade a bit more of
a priority. Having this ruby18 blocking is causing me to waste
considerable time looking for a workaround.

--Jubal