FreeBSD Port: apache2-2.0.52_3

Clement Laforet clement at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 18 07:44:49 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:15:24 -0700
"Steve Valaitis" <steve at digitalnothing.com> wrote:

> I was previously running Apache2 with SSL, and such perfectly fine
> before, but the other day I went to upgrade and now all that happens
> is that I get core dumps for httpd and conftest. I have a thread at
> the BSDForums site which describes what's going on. Do you have any
> ideas or suggestions as to where I should start looking to find the
> problem? This was hosting the SVN server, so the repos are not
> available until I can get this back up, and I have no clue where to
> begin.

Let's start with the harmless coredump: conftest one.
It happens during configure, while testing sem_open(). It goes aways if
youl load sem module or you build it in you in kernel.

Between apache 2.0.52_1 and 2.0.52_3, I applied 2 patchs:
1) a fix for util_ldap_cache_mgr.c
2) a fix for CAN-2004-0942.
I think 2) can be the culpit.
To test it, just remove: file/patch-secfix-CAN-2004-0942 and tell me if
you still have problem

clem