FreshPorts searching - comments?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Nov 17 18:05:04 PST 2004

On 17 Nov 2004 at 17:36, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:28:53PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > > 1. ports changed after a given date
> >
> > Does this help? http://www.freshports.org/date.php
> >
> > > 2. ports with up-to-date packages on FreeBSD's ftp server
> >
> > Heh, give me a formula!  I know of no way to extract that information
> > easily.
>
> You could periodically look on the ftp site and list file modification
> times.  A bit messy.

If someone wants to code the script, I'll look at integrating it with
FreshPorts.  I don't want to take it on myself.  It'll  need close
coordination.

> > > 3. ports with distfile size greater than a given number
> >
> > Why would that be useful?  If you can figure out a way for me to
> > obtain that information without fetching each distfile, great.  A
> > shell or perl script would be great.
>
> Look at the SIZE attribute in the distinfo file.

There it is!  Good.  Thank you.  Now, what would one display for
this:

$ less ./pkill/distinfo
MD5 (pkill-current-0.2.tar.gz) = 3afb97226d5d3db791ccaaec80f22dce
SIZE (pkill-current-0.2.tar.gz) = 6287
MD5 (pkill-stable-0.2.tar.gz) = 1c96a2d5d2b75d8c24989f964f8e9d6d
SIZE (pkill-stable-0.2.tar.gz) = 6391

Max?  Min?  Sum?  ;)
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/