HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

Alexandr Kovalenko never at nevermind.kiev.ua
Sat Nov 13 17:49:54 GMT 2004

Hello, Kirill Ponomarew!

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 11:19:25AM +0100, you wrote:

> Since CVS version of INDEX was always out-dated, portmgr decided to
> remove it from CVS tree.  You will still be able to build your own
> INDEX or use 'fetchindex' target in /usr/ports/.

1. please, back it out - non up-to-date INDEX never been a problem
2. it takes forever to portupgrade to recreate INDEX[-5] after cvsup
removed it. I do not have a lot of free time.
3. If you really want to leave it removed, please discuss it in public
list, we are open project and this change is not superconfidential.

Thanks!

--
NEVE-RIPE, will build world for food
Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group