Help on updating multimedia/mpeg4ip

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 12 04:36:04 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:40 -0200
Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	A lot of people is having trouble updating their mpeg4ip
> after the recent upgrade to version 1.1
>
> 	I added a few lines to /usr/ports/UPDATING about it. Let
> me know if you still have problems updating even after applying
> these instructions.
>
>   mpeg4ip has been updated and broken down into 2 separate ports:
>   mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2. Furthermore, mpeg4ip now depends
>   on faad. Moreover, faad now depends on mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 rather
>   than on mpeg4ip which avoids a cyclic dependency (mpeg4ip depends
>   on faad which depends on mpeg4ip).
>
>   If any of the old ports are installed, mpeg4ip will not compile.
>   Therefore,
>
>   1) Remove old faad and mpeg4ip ports which conflict with new
>   mpeg4ip
>
>   pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/mpeg4ip*
>   pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/faad*
>
>   2) Install faad, mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 in the following
>   order
>
>   cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 && make install clean
>   cd /usr/ports/audio/faad && make install clean
>   cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip && make install clean
>
> 	I hope this help out people upgrading. Furthermore, I got
> around a 4.x-STABLE machine so I might have a solution for those
> with problems trying to build the new port under it.
>
> 	Please, anyone running a FreeBSD 4.x system, try the attached
> patch and let me know if it solves your problems. I'll commit it
> as soon as I receive positive feedback on it.

I can't determine if the patch works or not since I'm still not
able to get past the config stage (4.10-STABLE):

Making all in rtp
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/mpeg4ip-1.1/lib/rtp'
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/mpeg4ip-1.1/lib/rtp/missing --run autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
aclocal.m4:65: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required
aclocal.m4:65: the top level
autoheader: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
 at /usr/local/bin/autoheader line 163
gmake[3]: *** [config.h.in] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/mpeg4ip-1.1/lib/rtp'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/mpeg4ip-1.1/lib'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip/work/mpeg4ip-1.1'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip.

I've not been able to determine what is causing this problem.  Any
ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy