p5-Cflow and flow-tools

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Nov 12 00:19:08 GMT 2004

Howdy,

I don't see a specific maintainer, so I'll send this here...

p5-Cflow has support for using flow-tools output rather than cflowd
output, and flow-tools is the recommended netflow collection tool these
days.

There's a section of Makefile.PL where the package checks to see if it's
being built inside the flow-tools hierarchy.  It does not check the
standard /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include paths.  But if you edit
Makefile.PL to look like this:

sub find_flow_tools {
    my($ver, $dir);
    my($libdir, $incdir);
    if (-f '/usr/local/lib/libft.a') {
       $dir = '/usr/local/lib';
       $incdir = "-I/usr/local/include";
       $libdir = "-L$dir";
    }

It builds fine and links in the flow-tools stuff.  This is needed if you
want to say, run flowscan and you run flow-tools.

I don't know enough about ports to fix this, but it seems the port's
Makefile could offer this as an option...

Charles