mysqlclient.12

Jason Dusek jason-dusek at uiowa.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:45:24 PST 2004

I'm having trouble installing mysql40-server - it installs mysql40-client and
then in order to get "mysqlclient.12" but then it can't find it

   Error: shared library "mysqlclient.12" does not exist
   *** Error code 1

   Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server.

probably because there is no such file - rather there is a
"libmysqlclient.so.12" in /usr/local/lib/mysql. Other people have had this
problem - witness:

     http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg46895.html

and also:

     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-July/014685.html

but I haven't found a solution anywhere. Is there simply a typographical error
in the dependency list? What is the right way to get around this problem?

_jason