Background port install

Geraud CONTINSOUZAS geraud.continsouzas at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 3 01:21:04 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 19:46, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> On 11/2/2004 10:29 AM Mikhail V.Paremski wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What the options are there to install/upgrade ports in background? Are
> > there any possibilities to remove interactive menu at all and set
> > configurable options in /etc/make.conf or environment variables only?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mikhail.
>
> As I understand it, setting BATCH=YES in /etc/make.conf will accept all
> of the interactive defaults for all ports.  Or you can set options for
> ports individually in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf if you use
> portupgrade.  I suspect there's some way to do it individually without
> portupgrade as well.

Indeed, it's been discussed several times in the list, but you can set
some 'if' conditions in your make.conf regarding which directory you are
when you invoke make.

example shamelessly taken from a post[1] in this list :

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/graphics/gimp*}
WITH_PYTHON=    true
WITHOUT_PRINT=  true
WITH_HTML_HELP_BROWSER=true
.endif

For the install in background, I usually use screen during my monthly
'portupgrade -raf' sessions. my 0.02$.

Cheers,
Geraud

[1] Ulrich Spoerlein on 'configuring ports via Makefile.local' July 2004