Latest version of teTeX

Rob stopspam at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 20 23:22:13 PDT 2004

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>> Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

>>> This is what I did.  First remove the directory /var/db/ports/teTeX
>>> and contents, if it is there.  Now install the teTeX port, selecting
>>> all the options (especially DVIPSK and XDVIK) to be on.  Next, go to
>>> /usr/local/share/texmf/dvips/config/.  Copy to config.ps.tetex to
>>> config.ps, and then edit config.ps deleting the first "%" at the
>>> beginning of every line.  My guess is that at this point dvips should
>>> now be a4, but if not, run the program texconfig and work your way
>>> around the menus.
>>

>> The first half of your advice helped me enough.
>> Out of curiosity, I tried to run texconfig, but that stops
>> with
>>    Could not find app-default file for xdvi.
>>    The program will exit now.
>>          [ OK ]
>>
>> I'd rather said here "not OK" :). Alas.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I have papersize a4 working now. Thanks!
>>
>> Rob.
>>

> Did you remember to select XDVIK?

Hmmm, I did following, again:

   # cd /usr/ports/print/teTeX
   # make WITH_XDVIK=yes WITH_DVIPSK=yes
   # portinstall -wWf teTeX
   # make clean
   # rehash
   # texconfig

And again, I get this text-dialog, telling me

    Could not find app-default file for xdvi.
    The program will exit now.
           [ OK ]

Don't know what else I have to do?

Anyway, this is not critical for me, since your previous email
helped me solving the papersize=a4 problem.

However, I would not be surprised if more people will run into
this problem; I is my teTeX configuration still broken?

Cheers,
Rob.