ports subtree dependencies checking

Thomas-Martin Seck tmseck-lists at netcologne.de
Tue May 18 16:12:37 PDT 2004

* Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> [gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports]:

> as all of you knows, keeping up to date thw whole ports tree involves
> tremendous number of disk operation per cvs/cvsup. So, I use small script to
> keep up-to date rather small set of ports (less than 1000, comparing to 10k+
> total ports in the tree).

Have a look at misc/porteasy. I use it to maintain my local subset of
the ports tree via anoncvs and am quite happy with it:

% wc -l /usr/ports/INDEX.pkgtools
     252 /usr/ports/INDEX.pkgtools

(INDEX.pkgtools is the result of portsdb -U, I keep the original INDEX
too to see what ports might be worth looking at.)