"portsdb -Uu" failed

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Mon May 17 11:55:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:54:12 -0700
"Joseph Kim" <kks at stanford.edu> wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I'm reporting the error messages from 'portsdb -Uu'.
> This problem started lastnight and there were no such problems before.
>
> Here are the said error messages:
> =====================================================================================
> % sudo portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..===> www/opera-devel failed:
> make: don't know how to make describe. Stop
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error

www/opera-devel was removed a few days ago, as there isn't currently a
development version of Opera. Probably in that directory you only have a
README.html file which does not exist on cvsup but only on install CDROM
and of course make has no Makefile to get its instructions from. So
delete the hole dir and you will be OK.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"