vba error

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Sat May 15 09:14:38 PDT 2004

# jarnold at knightridder.com / 2004-05-15 11:59:54 -0400:
> spike# /usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..===>
> emulators/vba failed:
> "/home/ports/emulators/vba/Makefile", line 31: warning: String
> comparison operator should be either == or !=
> "/home/ports/emulators/vba/Makefile", line 31: Malformed conditional
> ((${OSVERSION} < 500035))
> "/home/ports/emulators/vba/Makefile", line 31: Missing dependency operator
> "/home/ports/emulators/vba/Makefile", line 33: if-less endif
> "/home/ports/emulators/vba/Makefile", line 33: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error

> Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
> version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/)

    which says:

    The Ports Collection supports the latest release on the FreeBSD-CURRENT and
    FreeBSD-STABLE branches. Older releases are not supported and may or may
    not work correctly with an up-to-date ports collection. Over time, changes
    to the ports collection may rely on features that are not present in older
    releases.  Wherever convenient, we try not to gratuitously break support
    for recent releases, but it is sometimes unavoidable. When this occurs,
    patches contributed by the user community to maintain support for older
    releases will usually be committed.