postfix

David Rigler dave at itserviceltd.com
Sun May 9 05:28:43 PDT 2004

 >Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:22:03PM +0100, David Rigler wrote:
>
>>/usr/ports/mail/postfix on FreeBSD 5.2.1
>>
>>should that work ?? it doesnt on my system
>>
>>or rather having chosen the replace sendmail option by editing rc.conf
>>the /etc/rc.d/sendmail script only  works for start, the
>>stop,reload,restart etc dont work
>

> You need to do more than this, see the pkg-message file, which would
> have been displayed to you when you installed the port.
>
> Kris

-If you have postfix configured in your /etc/mail/mailer.conf (answered
-yes to the previous question) and would like to enable postfix to start
-at boot time, please set these variables in your /etc/rc.conf file:
-
-sendmail_enable="YES"
-sendmail_flags="-bd"
-sendmail_pidfile="/var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid"
-sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
-sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
-sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
-
-This will disable Sendmail completely.

Thats what i did, i dont see any other instructions in pkg-message

Dave