DISTFILES problem

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 13:19:34 PST 2004

Dear porters,

I'm attempting to put together a port for the Gentium TTF font family:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&cat_id=FontDownloadsGentium

and I've run into a problem in fetching the distfiles.  I'm trying to
download the fonts-ttf-gentium-1.0.1.tar.bz2 package as referenced on
their Gentium Linux page:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium_linux

Unfortunately, due to the irritating content management system in use
at that site, the best URL I can find for downloading the tarball is:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_download.php?site_id=nrsi&format=file&media_id=Gentium_101_LT&_sc=1

Which works fine in Mozilla, but causes fetch(1) to generate a bizarre
filename.

What is the recommended method for pulling down a distfile from a URL
which doesn't actually mention the filename?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way