Need help debugging apr port

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Mar 29 16:21:34 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 06:58:11PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to fix the apr port.
> There have been some recent changes to the autoconf
> and libtool in the ports Makefile rules which is causing problems.
>
> Question 1:
>   How can I reproduce the jail environment that bento uses
>   to build a port, i.e. I want the jail to have no ports installed,
>   so that when I build the port, the necessary dependent packages will
>   be installed.

Just put a clean installation of FreeBSD into a directory (e.g. by
installworld, or unpacking the binary distributions from a release
build), add a clean ports tree and chroot into the directory.  Then
either build the port normally to pick up and install dependencies, or
pkg_add the packages by hand (bento uses non-general scripts to do
this).  USE_PACKAGE_DEPENDS may help, but you need to already have the
packages present.

> Question 2:
>   If autoconf-2.57 is installed, it looks like there is only
>   a binary /usr/local/bin/autoconf257 installed, and not /usr/local/bin/autoconf.
>   The apr port is expecting a binary named autoconf.
>
>   How do people typically deal with this problem?

By correct use of the bsd.port.mk macros relating to autoconf.

As I explained in private mail, you can fix this by going back to
r1.32 of the makefile: r1.33 was wrong and caused problems, and it was
apparently worked around incorrectly in r1.36.

Kris