Missing access bit?

Diomidis Spinellis dds at aueb.gr
Sun Mar 28 02:43:51 PST 2004

Although I am not a regular ports maintainer, I used, as a side effect
of the src commit bit I have, to be able to commit changes to three
ports of tools I have written: devel/cscout, net/socketpipe, and
sysutils/fileprune.  Now, when I try to update my local repository, to
commit a change a get an error:

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`/home/ncvs/ports/devel/cscout'
(/home/ncvs/ports/devel/cscout/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/home/ncvs/ports/devel/cscout'

It looks like I have missed an administrative change that resulted in me
being unable to access the ports CVS repo.  Can someone please enlighten
me, and suggest the procedure to keep these ports up to date?

Thanks,

Diomidis - dds@