Sign your name in pkg-descr is useless or useful?

Volker Stolz vs at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 25 00:59:27 PST 2004

In local.freebsd-ports, you wrote:
> I think, it's useless because most of us don't do it. Also, we already
> have the Whom: and MAINTAINER in the Makefile. It seems to me that sign
> our name in it is making no sense for pkg-descr as in description file.

I never did it because I didn't feel like pasting my name all over the
place and didn't consider it was useful information. It might be an incentive
for new (as in "first-time") contributors who'd like to submit a new port
as a kind of reward, though.
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
rage against the finite state machine