ports system broken on amd64 -CURRENT?

Burkard Meyendriesch bm at malepartus.de
Sun Mar 21 02:32:30 PST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:00:01 -0800 Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 02:13:43PM +0100, Burkard Meyendriesch wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a "portupgrade -aR" on my amd -CURRENT box (19.03.2004) shows lots
> > of errors complaining missing shared libraries. The portupgrade
> > makes the new library versions, deletes the old ones and leaves the
> > system without the shared version of the newly made library. For
> > example:
>
> I don't see this, but someone else reported a similar problem
> recently.  It may be due to a problem with libtool - did you happen to
> do anything non-standard to your libtool installation like installing
> a version by hand?
>
> Kris

No, I didn't do anything non-standard by hand. But maybe I had a problem
with three different versions of libtool on my amd64 box:

bm at Reineke:/usr/home/bm$ pkg_info | grep libtool
libtool-1.3.5_2     Generic shared library support script (version 1.3)
libtool-1.4.3_3     Generic shared library support script (version 1.4)
libtool-1.5.2_1     Generic shared library support script (version 1.5)

Now I pkg_deinstall'ed all of them and portinstall'ed devel/libtool15.
My problem remains: After "portupgrade -f converters/libiconv" I only
see the static library in /usr/local/lib:

root at Reineke:/root# l /usr/local/lib/libiconv*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1052434 21 Mär 11:22 /usr/local/lib/libiconv.a

I have *no* options enabled in /etc/make.conf. And doing exactly the
same as above on my i386 4.9-STABLE with exactly the same /usr/ports
tree still works fine. IMHO the problem must have anything to do with
the amd64 environment.

Burkard
--
Burkard Meyendriesch